The oldest traces of prehistoric settlements on the territory of Jadar and Loznica, can undoubtedly be linked for the period of late neolith, i.e. Starcevacka culture (4500 - 3000. B.C.). Archaeological data can be used as indication in determination which peoples lived on this territory. The most prominent are the Ilirs , who left extensive remains of their culture in the Jadar region, the very name Jadar is of Iliric origin.
Roman conquering of the Balkans peninsula brought about huge changes, our territory was converted into Roman province. According to recent classification, Jadar used to belong to Roman province Dalmacija. The first settlement located on the place of present Loznica, was named road station already in Antique times „15 miles ", while the most important settlement in Jadar was names Genzis, located approximately on the territory of present small town Lesnica. The legend says that Loznica was named after the vinegrape that was grown in this region, starting from the 3rd century B.C. in the time of Roman Czar Probus. The first reference to Loznica dates back to Chapter of King Milutin, when Katharine, the wife of Milutin's brother Dragutin, set up nearby monastery Tronosa. (1317. година).
Loznica was not mentioned at all for a long period of time in the Middle Ages. According to report from 1533, Loznica was populated mainly by Moslem people. Out of 37 houses, as found in Loznica at this census, 26 houses were Moslem and only 11 Christian. Already in 1600, Loznica became purely Moslem settlement with 55 houses. In this period Loznica and Jadar were part of the Zvornik region, seated in Zvornik , while the Zvronik region itself was part of the Bosnian pashadom
Loznica and Jadar became part of the Principality of Serbia during the rule of Milos Obrenovic, when Sultan's Mahmud II in November 1833 brought decree on accession of six seized regions to Serbia. Acquisition of Loznica and Jadar to the territory of Serbia Principality, after 1834, resulted in abolition of Turkish ownership over the land and it was declared free peasant estate- which meant that feudal system was revoked.
The Jadar region became part of the Podrinje region , and at the same time Loznica became the seat of the region, remaining in this role until the end of 19th century, when this precedence was given over to Sabac. During the thirties of the 19th century Loznica had 295 houses with 1203 people. It became centre of the administrative and political power of Podrinje. The education system started to develop and a hospital was set up (1882), construction of industrial buildings started , craftsmen, trade and banking started to develop. Construction of the railway road Sabac-Loznica-Banja Koviljaca started by the beginning of the 20th century. Small town of Loznica was no longer Turkish settlement but modern town.
Wars 1912 - 1913, and especially the First World War 1914 - 1918 halted for certain period the economic development and significantly reduced the number of people in Loznica and vicinity. Upon completion of the First World War, Loznica remained regional centre with about 5000 people. Several years in the aftermath of the war were marked by the short period of reconstruction and relative economic development, which were characteristics of the majority of towns of former Kingdom. .
LIBERATION OF LOZNICA August 31, 1941.
Intensive changes in economic-social structure of the population marked the aftermath of the war in Loznica. Essential modifications of the Loznica economic structure took place by the end of fifties, by the construction and beginning of regular production of „Viskoya" - industry of viscose products and pulp. The scope and importance of the industrial production of „Viskoya" stepped up development of other economic areas in Loznica (traffic, trade, construction, craftsmen, banking, etc. .), which became crucial factors in fostering economic development of Loznica and improvement of the living standard. The rapid industrial development of Loznica had positive impact on living conditions, population structure and employment.
Concurrent with industrial development and construction of economic facilities, the town of Loznica was undergoing its development, with suburb places. In the period from 1945 - 1975, about 3500 flats were built in private ownership. Five primary schools were set up or reconstructed, 4 secondary school, music school and three kindergartens. Vuk's House of Culture was reconstructed, sport recreational centre "Lagator" was erected, as well as Medical Centre „Dr. Milenko Marin".
Loznica , the town which after the war had only few thousand of people, grew into modern town by the general urban planning plan from 1964, which nowadays has over 40 000 residents.